Camping chairs are usually made from durable material because they are meant to be used in rather tough conditions. They should be made from material that won’t cut or tear with repeated use and would still look bright and colorful no matter how many times you use them.
Nylon is one of the most common fabrics used in manufacturing camping chairs due to its various qualities.
What is nylon?
The word nylon names a group of synthetic polymers that have a wide range of uses. Nylon can be used in manufacturing fabrics, molded car parts and even packaging and wrappings. It is especially popular in outdoor furniture like camping chairs because of its unique features.
Why is nylon used in camping chairs?
- Nylon dyes very fast and the colors stay bright. They don’t transfer with use or water and don’t get affected by sunlight or water exposure.
- Nylon doesn’t crease. In folding camping chairs, nylon will be the best material to use because it won’t crease. Once you unfold the chair, you will see that it looks as good as new.
- Nylon is UV resistant. The UV rays from the sun can affect the durability and color stability of other fabrics, but not nylon. No matter how much you leave it in the sun it will still look the same.
- Nylon comes in various lusters. Nylon can be very dull, semi lustrous or very lustrous depending on your preferences.
- Nylon melts instead of burning. This means that it is safer to use around camp fire. If exposed to fire it will melt away but it won’t catch flames.
- It is highly durable and is yet breathable. It can endure people of heavy weights for long years of use. It won’t tear or cut no matter how long you use it. It is also very breathable and will let the water vapor evaporate for better ventilation.
- Nylon is soft. Nylon is not a harsh material. It won’t hurt your skin if you sit on a nylon chair on the beach or for long hours.
How is nylon used in camping chairs?
Nylon is used either in stools or chairs. Some stools have aluminum or fiber legs with nylon seats. Some camping chairs only have a stand to support the back while the nylon is used to make the seat and the supportive back, perfect for you to extend your legs on the ground.
No matter which way nylon is used, it is a great material that will save you a lot of money. Nylon camping chairs usually last a life time.